As a Content Manager at Toggl Hire, you will lead our product-led content strategy. Know what really good product-led content looks like? Keep reading. This role is perfect for an experienced content marketer who’s got the chops to analyze, strategize, brief, edit and ship content that impacts business performance.
You can be based anywhere in Europe to be eligible for this role.
The salary for this position is 55000€ annually, and we are committed to increasing salaries yearly based on company and individual performance.
What will you do in this role?
- Own our content editorial calendar - have a 6-9 month POV on content output and direction.
- Oversee a team of talented freelance writers to scale content efforts by establishing consistent content production workflows and processes.
- Develop a cadence and standard for recycling content and continually update existing content to improve our rankings and reader experience.
- Create highly detailed briefs for contract writers ensuring content quality and brand consistency. Hit high marks with SEO and product-led angles.
- Proofread and edit our content to the highest editorial standard. Manage the publishing cadence and internal linking process.
- Work closely with our designer to develop custom images and repurpose visual content to enrich articles.
- Own Toggl Hire’s Linkedin presence by repurposing blog content into engaging social media posts.
- Track and report on content performance with a laser focus on improving our rankings and reader experience and driving more organic signups.
How is success measured in this role?
- Content metrics: organic traffic growth, time on page, keyword ranking, organic signups
- Linkedin metrics: engagement, traffic, # of followers
- Operational performance: consistent publishing cadence, workflow automation
- This is not your first rodeo. You have enough experience in content marketing to understand the fundamentals of keyword research, content production and optimization. You’ve also managed contract writers before and have a few successful content case studies under your belt.
- You’re equal parts strategic and creative. People love reading your stuff. You know how to create content that’s enjoyable to consume and helps drive brand awareness. When coming up with new topic ideas, you lead with data and SEO insights, not personal preferences.
- You have a bias for action. You take pride in getting things done and crossing them off your to-do list. Taking action is your default state; you have a plan C for your plan B and don’t mind being scrappy to drive things forward.
- You’re autonomous and self-disciplined. In your book, deadlines are not to be messed with. You can expertly handle your workflows and timelines and don’t need ‘to be managed’. At the same time, you’re a great collaborator who can work as part of a team on bigger projects; distributed-but-connected kind of vibe.
- You notice what others don’t. Attention to detail is part of your DNA. You have an excellent command of the English language, can effortlessly fix weak transitions, elevate others’ writing or spot weird word choices. Communication is your superpower.
- You know your tools. From Surfer, Ahrefs and Google Search Console to ChatGPT, Canva and Notion – you’re familiar with the essential marketing tools or have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly.
- You’re always learning something. ‘Can we automate this?’ is a staple phrase in your vocabulary. You’re not scared of AI or technology in general – in fact, you love playing around with new tools and experimenting with new ideas. For you, ‘best practice’ is just another thing waiting to be innovated.
- You speak meme. You use your love for pop culture to tap into trends and generate compelling content. And you don’t mind cracking a joke or two with your colleagues!
If you’re excited about the opportunity to play a foundational role in our organic growth and have an unbridled passion for quality content, we’d love to meet you!
Before you apply...
Please read the Toggl Careers Privacy Statement to learn more about how we handle your data as a job candidate.