What is a balance sheet?
A balance sheet or statement of financial position is the summary of the balances of an organization (or individual) at a particular point in time.
Main sections of a balance sheet template:
- Assets: Assets are everything that a company owns that has future economic value. Assets can include: cash, investments, accounts receivable, supplies, buildings, inventory, equipment, etc.
- Liabilities: Liabilities include the company’s obligations and financial debt: all accounts payable, loans, deferreed revenues, accounts payable, accrued expenses, mortgages, etc.
- Equity: Shareholder’s equity is part of a company’s liabilities and includes the funds contributed by the owners plus the retained earnings.
Features of this balance sheet:
- Excel file format: simply use it with Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheet
- Instantly printable: fill out the fields and you’re ready to go!
- Blank sample: reusable any time you need a balance sheet
- Intuitive design: clean, simple and professional
- Fully customizable: add your company details and edit formatting
- No email, sign-up or any further steps required
Work tools to elevate your productivity – apps for incredibly simple time tracking and effective project planning.